What is IUSER.DLL and how to fix it?
What is IUSER.DLL?
IUser.dll is a malicious library file that Error Doctor 2007 mainly installs and uses. This virus is intended to show fake security notifications, all of which report hundreds of viruses. After this, this rogue also offers its fake licensed version, which should never be bought. If you want to rid your computer of annoying alerts and similar problems, you should remove this Error.
Once iuser.dll has been installed, it is used to perform a long list of malicious functions. This file can be used to run a destructive payload, act as a plugin and collect victim information and start other tasks. You should get rid of iuser.dll if you do not want to lose your passwords and logins.
You can see which CPU, memory, disk and network usage causes the IUser.dll module process in the Windows Task Manager.
How to check if IUSER.DLL malware is affected on your computer?
If your system is affected by IUSER.DLL malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- IUSER.DLL occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC’s processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\windows\system32 you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to Fix IUSER.DLL Errors?
Step 1: Use Microsoft Register Server to manually register IUSER.DLL
When you install software that uses the IUSER.DLL dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your DLL file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a “IUSER.DLL not registered” error. Fortunately, you can use a built-in utility called “Microsoft Register Server” (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your IUSER.DLL file.
How to re-register IUSER.DLL from a command prompt?
- Click the button Start.
- In the search box type “command “… and do not Hit ENTER!
- Hit ENTER by holding the CTRL-Shift keys.
- A permission dialog box will be prompted.
- Click Yes.
- Enter regsvr32/u IUSER.DLL, type the following command.
- Hit Enter to make the file UN-REGESTER.
- Type the command following: IUSER.DLL regsvr32/i.
- Hit ENTER, This will RE-REGISTER your file.
- Close the prompt window for command.
- Restart the IUSER.DLL error re-launched program.
Step 2: Remove or Restore the file IUSER.DLL from Recycle Bin
This may seem like an obvious or ridiculous step, but you may have accidentally deleted your IUSER.DLL. Therefore, it should be checked to see if your recycle bin is there.
- Just double-click on the bin icon for recycling.
- Look for IUSER.DLL in the upper right corner.
- If IUSER.DLL file appears in the search results, select it, and move it to the following directory:
- Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows NT/2000 = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C:\Windows\System32\
- 64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
- After moving your IUSER.DLL file, restart your computer.
Step 4: Drive your computer’s full malware scan
You are likely to experience a malware infection on your PC with your IUSER.DLL error. These intruders can damage DLL- related files, corrupt them, or remove them. In addition, the IUSER.DLL error that you experience might be related to a malicious program component itself.
Step 5: PC Driver updates
Fixed or updated device drivers may be linked to IUSER.DLL errors. Drivers can work one day and, for a variety of reasons, suddenly stop working the next day. The good news is that the device driver can often be updated to fix the DLL issue.
Searching for the exact driver for your hardware device, including directly from Microsoft or its affiliated manufacturers, may be extremely difficult. So, we recommend getting them fix through above steps.
Rate This Article