What is steamservice.dll on my machine?
What is steamservice.dll on my machine?
Steamservice.dll is a module belonging to Valve Corporation’s Steam Client Service Library. Non-system processes such as steamservice.dll are based on your system installed software. Since most applications store data on your hard disk and in the registry of your system, your computer has probably suffered from fragmentation and invalid entries that can affect the performance of your PC. This DLL file carries a popularity rating of 1 stars and a security rating of “UNKNOWN”.
Steamservice.dll is an executable file on the hard drive of your computer. This file contains code for the machine. When you start the Steam Client Service Library software on your PC, the commands in steamservice.dll are executed on your PC. To this end, the file is loaded into the main memory (RAM) and runs as a steam client service library ( also called a task) process there.
How to check if STEAMSERVICE.DLL malware is affected on your computer?
If your system is affected by STEAMSERVICE.DLL malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- STEAMSERVICE.DLL occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC’s processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\windows\system32 you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to Fix STEAMSERVICE.DLL Errors?
Step 1: Use Microsoft Register Server to manually register STEAMSERVICE.DLL
When you install software that uses the STEAMSERVICE.DLL dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your DLL file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a “STEAMSERVICE.DLL not registered” error. Fortunately, you can use a built-in utility called “Microsoft Register Server” (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your STEAMSERVICE.DLL file.
How to re-register STEAMSERVICE.DLL from a command prompt?
- Click the button Start.
- In the search box type “command “… and do not Hit ENTER!
- Hit ENTER by holding the CTRL-Shift keys.
- A permission dialog box will be prompted.
- Click Yes.
- Enter regsvr32/u STEAMSERVICE.DLL, type the following command.
- Hit Enter to make the file UN-REGESTER.
- Type the command following: STEAMSERVICE.DLL regsvr32/i.
- Hit ENTER, This will RE-REGISTER your file.
- Close the prompt window for command.
- Restart the STEAMSERVICE.DLL error re-launched program.
Step 2: Remove or Restore the file STEAMSERVICE.DLL from Recycle Bin
This may seem like an obvious or ridiculous step, but you may have accidentally deleted your STEAMSERVICE.DLL. Therefore, it should be checked to see if your recycle bin is there.
- Just double-click on the bin icon for recycling.
- Look for STEAMSERVICE.DLL in the upper right corner.
- If STEAMSERVICE.DLL file appears in the search results, select it, and move it to the following directory:
- Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows NT/2000 = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C:\Windows\System32\
- 64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
- After moving your STEAMSERVICE.DLL file, restart your computer.
Step 4: Drive your computer’s full malware scan
You are likely to experience a malware infection on your PC with your STEAMSERVICE.DLL error. These intruders can damage DLL- related files, corrupt them, or remove them. In addition, the STEAMSERVICE.DLL error that you experience might be related to a malicious program component itself.
Step 5: PC Driver updates
Fixed or updated device drivers may be linked to STEAMSERVICE.DLL errors. Drivers can work one day and, for a variety of reasons, suddenly stop working the next day. The good news is that the device driver can often be updated to fix the DLL issue.
Searching for the exact driver for your hardware device, including directly from Microsoft or its affiliated manufacturers, may be extremely difficult. So, we recommend getting them fix through above steps.