What is XJP2.DLL and how to fix it?
What is XJP2.DLL?
The Xjp2.dll file is developed by XnView. The program does not include a valid digital signature. However, due to the support provided by the original developer, it is confirmed to be safe. The XnView JPEG2000 plugin is used for the DLL. It doesn’t participate in any virus attack. The level of threat is 1.
Xjp2.dll is located in C:\Program Files\photofiltre studio x\plugins\xjp2.dll.The actual DLL size is 100,5 kilobytes, depending on the available records. The latest available version of the file is 1.96 RC1. The file is a non-system process and is not a compulsory file for Windows to run without any problems. It can be removed at all times.
You can see which CPU, memory, disk and network usage causes the Xjp2.dll module process in the Windows Task Manager.
How to check if XJP2.DLL malware is affected on your computer?
If your system is affected by XJP2.DLL malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- XJP2.DLL occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC’s processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\windows\system32 you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to Fix XJP2.DLL Errors?
Step 1: Use Microsoft Register Server to manually register XJP2.DLL
When you install software that uses the XJP2.DLL dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your DLL file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a “XJP2.DLL not registered” error. Fortunately, you can use a built-in utility called “Microsoft Register Server” (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your XJP2.DLL file.
How to re-register XJP2.DLL from a command prompt?
- Click the button Start.
- In the search box type “command “… and do not Hit ENTER!
- Hit ENTER by holding the CTRL-Shift keys.
- A permission dialog box will be prompted.
- Click Yes.
- Enter regsvr32/u XJP2.DLL, type the following command.
- Hit Enter to make the file UN-REGESTER.
- Type the command following: XJP2.DLL regsvr32/i.
- Hit ENTER, This will RE-REGISTER your file.
- Close the prompt window for command.
- Restart the XJP2.DLL error re-launched program.
Step 2: Remove or Restore the file XJP2.DLL from Recycle Bin
This may seem like an obvious or ridiculous step, but you may have accidentally deleted your XJP2.DLL. Therefore, it should be checked to see if your recycle bin is there.
- Just double-click on the bin icon for recycling.
- Look for XJP2.DLL in the upper right corner.
- If XJP2.DLL file appears in the search results, select it, and move it to the following directory:
- Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows NT/2000 = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C:\Windows\System32\
- 64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
- After moving your XJP2.DLL file, restart your computer.
Step 4: Drive your computer’s full malware scan
You are likely to experience a malware infection on your PC with your XJP2.DLL error. These intruders can damage DLL- related files, corrupt them, or remove them. In addition, the XJP2.DLL error that you experience might be related to a malicious program component itself.
Step 5: PC Driver updates
Fixed or updated device drivers may be linked to XJP2.DLL errors. Drivers can work one day and, for a variety of reasons, suddenly stop working the next day. The good news is that the device driver can often be updated to fix the DLL issue.
Searching for the exact driver for your hardware device, including directly from Microsoft or its affiliated manufacturers, may be extremely difficult. So, we recommend getting them fix through above steps.
Rate This Article