What is YCAPlugin.dll and how to fix it?
What is YCAPlugin.dll?
Yahoo develops a file called YCAPlugin.dll! Enterprise. The DLL file is provided with a valid digital signature and the company also checks it. The signing authority is handled by the incorporation of Verisign. The Yahoo toolbar anti spy plugin is used. The file is safe from malware. It has a level of threat of 1.
YCAPlugin.dll is located in C:\Program Files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\ycaplugin.dll. The DLL file in records is 109,7 kilobytes in size. The last version of the file visible is 18.104.22.168. The DLL has been confirmed to be a non- system process that has no direct effect on Windows operating system performance.
How to check if YCAPlugin.dll malware is affected on your computer?
If your system is affected by YCAPlugin.dll malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- YCAPlugin.dll occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC’s processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\windows\system32 you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to Fix YCAPlugin.dll Errors?
Step 1: Use Microsoft Register Server to manually register YCAPlugin.dll
When you install software that uses the YCAPlugin.dll dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your DLL file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a “YCAPlugin.dll not registered” error. Fortunately, you can use a built-in utility called “Microsoft Register Server” (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your YCAPlugin.dll file.
How to re-register YCAPlugin.dll from a command prompt?
- Click the button Start.
- In the search box type “command “… and do not Hit ENTER!
- Hit ENTER by holding the CTRL-Shift keys.
- A permission dialog box will be prompted.
- Click Yes.
- Enter regsvr32/u YCAPlugin.dll, type the following command.
- Hit Enter to make the file UN-REGESTER.
- Type the command following: YCAPlugin.dll regsvr32/i.
- Hit ENTER, This will RE-REGISTER your file.
- Close the prompt window for command.
- Restart the YCAPlugin.dll error re-launched program.
Step 2: Remove or Restore the file YCAPlugin.dll from Recycle Bin
This may seem like an obvious or ridiculous step, but you may have accidentally deleted your YCAPlugin.dll. Therefore, it should be checked to see if your recycle bin is there.
- Just double-click on the bin icon for recycling.
- Look for YCAPlugin.dll in the upper right corner.
- If YCAPlugin.dll file appears in the search results, select it, and move it to the following directory:
- Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows NT/2000 = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C:\Windows\System32\
- 64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
- After moving your YCAPlugin.dll file, restart your computer.
Step 4: Drive your computer’s full malware scan
You are likely to experience a malware infection on your PC with your YCAPlugin.dll error. These intruders can damage DLL- related files, corrupt them, or remove them. In addition, the YCAPlugin.dll error that you experience might be related to a malicious program component itself.
Step 5: PC Driver updates
Fixed or updated device drivers may be linked to YCAPlugin.dll errors. Drivers can work one day and, for a variety of reasons, suddenly stop working the next day. The good news is that the device driver can often be updated to fix the DLL issue.
Searching for the exact driver for your hardware device, including directly from Microsoft or its affiliated manufacturers, may be extremely difficult. So, we recommend getting them fix through above steps.
Rate This Article