Here’s all you need to know about setting up a Gmail account for yourself or someone else.
It’s easy to set up a Gmail account, whether it’s for you or someone else. The process for creating a Gmail account is the same whether you are starting Gmail for the first or second time.
This article will show you how to create a Gmail account that is both for yourself and for others.
How to set up a new Gmail account
- You will need to visit the Gmail website to create a new Gmail Account.
- You will need to choose the top-right icon if you already have a Gmail account. Add another account Click the dropdown menu. The page will take you to the page where you can start adding details for your account.
- Next, you will need to enter the details for username, password, username and last name. Important to note that the username will be displayed in your new Gmail address email@example.com You can use numbers, letters, or periods for your username.
- Once you’ve filled out all the details, click Next .
- Google will ask you to verify the phone number on the next page. Enter your number, then click Next. A verification code will be sent to you, which you’ll need to enter.
- After verification, you will see a page that says “Welcome To Google” and your new Gmail account. You can then choose to link your phone number to your account or add a recovery email address.
- To proceed, you will need to enter your birth date and gender. After you’ve done that, click Next.
- The next page will display Google’s privacy policies and terms. Selecting the appropriate option will allow you to customize your opt-in services. There are many options . Select the settings you prefer after selecting.
I agree Continue reading, You will be taken to your Gmail inbox.
How to Set Up a Gmail Account for Someone You Don’t Know
The procedure is the same if you wish to create a new Gmail account for someone else, such as a relative. During the setup procedure, however, there are a few things to keep in mind.
To begin, double-check that the account is not being added as an additional address to your existing Google account. Either sign out of Google or use incognito mode in your browser to create a new account for the other person.
When entering the information for another person’s account, be sure you submit the information for the other person’s account, not your own. Also, double-check that the username corresponds to the person’s preferred username.
Make sure the individual who is authenticating the account over the phone sends you the verification code so you can finish the setup for them. You can also use your personal phone number for verification and then delete it from your account.
You’ll also need to offer them with their account’s login username and password so they can sign in.
Set this as the recovery email for the Gmail account if they have an existing email account on another platform. After you’ve handed up the account, they’ll be able to reset the password and retrieve it if they forget it.
With Gmail, it’s simple to set up an email account.
Setting up a new Gmail account is simple, and linking accounts makes switching between and maintaining several accounts much easier.
Learning how to use these simple but effective aspects of your Google account will provide you with a plethora of productivity possibilities.