The Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19008 (20H1) has been released by Microsoft to Insiders in the Fast Ring, offering numerous updates and enhancements, but no new features.
With the launch of Windows 10 1909 (19H2) right around the corner and with all Insiders switching to the 20H1 modules, new features should not currently be planned.
You can upgrade to the Insider Preview Build 1899 when you’re a Windows Insider on Quick Ring by entering Settings-> Upgrade & Protection-> Windows Update and search for further updates.
You will read the blog post to view the full release notes and corrections to this Windows 10 insider update.
General PC modifications, improvements and fixes
- To those who had encountered a restart or shutdown of their PCs on builds 18999-19002, this has been fixed with a Build 19002.1002 patch, but in the event you haven’t seen it, including a note here too. You may need to use the workaround to upgrade to this build if you haven’t installed Build 19002.1002.
- We also fixed a problem in which insiders with headers for Settings could display the Windows Update indicator in an alert state where optional updates are possible, although the main page of the Windows Update Settings shows that everything is up to date.
- We fixed a problem that sometimes can not back up settings after minimizing the window.
We have done some work to improve the speed at which the jump lists are launched.
- The compatibility assistant for some insiders We fixed a problem that caused Windows Hello to display an error message periodically saying “Can’t turn camera on” on recent builds.
- In Easy Access, we cleaned some UI in the mouse pointer settings.
We addressed a bug in Narrator where Narrator did not read Chrome Browser reference text in the appropriate language.
- BattlEye and Microsoft found the incompatibility of certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat code due to changes to the operating system between some Insider’s Preview builds. We also implemented a compatibility holder on these devices to prevent insiders who might have such versions installed on their PC from using the affected builds of the Windows Insider Preview. For info, see this article.
- We are looking at the issue of starting “Reset this PC” with the cloud download option when starting Windows RE, if this or the previous build is not running.
- We have discovered that settings are still not available for some insiders outside the URI (ms-settings:) and we are investigating.
- The hardware keyboard text prediction window is unreadable when using the dark theme because of the black text in the dark gray background.
- Bluetooth devices may not attach to certain devices as planned after closing the unit cover. We work on a patch, but in the meantime, you can turn off and down Bluetooth in the Settings app, or restart the phone to resolve the problem.
- Many users also complain that the Windows Update Settings page can indicate the same build needs to be updated after successful upgrading a new build. You can verify if the build was built successfully by testing the build number at the corner of your screen or going to Win+R, the winner form and the build number confirm. We’re studying this problem.
- In the new section of the Windows update site, some insiders also say that old drivers can be shown as available for download when viewing optional drivers. When approved, they will try to install and not. We investigate this problem.