The iPhone is the main object of our daily lives; our entire life and our data are stored on our iPhone. We still try to keep our iPhone secure and safe. As iPhone has always been the best mobile device ever since it was created, it is the most powerful and trustworthy mobile device. Whether it’s power or feature, the iPhone has it all.
While iOS is the safest and coolest OS ever for any iPhone, with theiOS 12 update a few iPhones have faced serious problems, such as the Black Death screen, which means users face serious problems and make their iPhone unavailable. We have found some ways to fix the problem of iPhone black screen to support these users.
What is Black Screen of Death of iPhone
The “Black Screen of Death” itself is a frightening word. Basically the “Black Death Screen” means that your iPhone stops working and for whatever reason you get a black screen on your phone.
The Black Death Screen makes an iPhone a dead object and makes getting to it much harder; all the important data on your iPhone will become almost invisible.
If this happens to your iPhone, things become a lot more complex: occasionally, after theiOS firmware update, the iPhone gets stuck to the black screen; or unexpectedly, when somebody calls, you can hear the phone ring but the screen is black and you can not respond to the line.
Many people who are trying to update their old iOS to the brand new iOS 12 have created this problem. We have the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and even the iPhone X for the most part. The official version of iOS 12 has a great deal of changes over the past, but some significant bugs still lead to the “Black Death Window.”
We will address the causes of these problems and also suggest ways to fix the black screen problem on your iPhone.
iPhone Black Screen Reasons
There may be many reasons for your iPhone to make things worse, but a few common causes for your iPhone to face’ the Black Death Screen’ are:
- Hardware damage: This is likely because of incorrect screen replacements or bad screens; or if you just accidentally dropped or dropped it to the water pool, this problem may also occur. Although iPhone is IP67-certified since iPhone 7, the black screen problem may result from a small hardware issue.
- Computer problem: The problem may also arise when updating your iOS or when upgrading your firmware. This happens mainly because the program has been incorrectly changed to create a collision with the hardware.
All these triggers are common to see, although nobody’s better. But, if any of the above causes your iPhone to become a dead electronic product, a major problem may occur.
To make things easier for you, we have found three workaround options for the “Black Death Window” on your iOS 12 iPhone:
Two Fixed iPhone Black Screen (iOS 12 Supported)
Fix the iPhone Black Death Screen with a Fast Reset
If your iPhone is facing the “Black Death Window,” the first thing you must do is reset it hard. Typically, the following steps solve the iPhone black screen issue for most users.
- Step 1. Check the position of your iPhone for the Home button and the Sleep / Wake keys.
- Step 2. Press Home and Sleep / Wake until the Apple logo appears on screen at the same time.
- Step 3. After step 2, release the buttons and restart your iPhone.
You will keep the volume down button instead of the home button if you use iPhone 7.
Click the Sleep / Wake button until you see the Apple logo when you use the iPhone 8 or iPhone X or later and quickly click the Volume Up button then the Volume Down button.
If the hard reset method fails, you can use another method called the “fix Black Screen using iTunes.”
Reset the iPhone to Factory Settings to display the “Black Death Screen.”
One way for addressing the bad black screen problem of iPhone is using iTunes. This is a little more complex, but if you follow the steps correctly, you can definitely solve your problem.
- Make sure you have the new iTunes update on your device installed.
- Link your iPhone via USB cable to your computer or laptop.
- If you are detected by iTunes and have an option to repair it, simply click on the
- Repair button to wipe out your iPhone and fix the problem with the black screen.
- If iTunes can not accept your black-screen iPhone, you need to restore your iPhone.
- When the iPhone is detected by iTunes, you will obtain an iPhone restore option.
5. Select “Restore” to confirm your iPhone’s restoration.
6. Instead iTunes starts to uninstall your iPhone. During the process, the latest iOS program will be reinstalled on your iPhone(iOS 12) in order to fix the black screen issue.
7. Upon completion of the operation, your iPhone will restart. Continue and set it up as a new computer.
Okay, the problem of the Black Screen is frustrating and unwelcome, but there are a few ways to fix it. We hope these approaches have helped you solve the problem of the Black screen. If you have questions or ideas, please share your thoughts with us.