There are a lot of aspects you must check out when selecting a credit card to use. These aspects or factors you might want to consider include:
- Getting a credit card with a low-interest rate;
- Evaluating your cash-back possibilities;
- Checking through the bonuses that have been made available.
Yet, what we fail to consider most times is the credit card processor that this different credit card has. A card’s specific processing network will most probably not be a crucial aspect of the criteria most people would be looking for. For most of them, the processing network a credit card uses should be a big part of everyone who makes use of the credit card payment option.
However, do you know that where a credit card can be used and how such a card should be used greatly depend on the processing network the credit card uses? So, whether your card is supported by American Express, Visa and MasterCard, or even Discover, there will be a significant influence on the platforms where these cards can be used and how the cards are to be used.
Before we proceed, note that the four leading credit card processors all over the world are:
- American Express
In this article, only the first three will be considered as we go on. This is as these there are pivotal to the smooth running of many bling operators (both online casinos and land-based casinos). However, these four major credit card processors supervise and handle every phase of the purchase procedure. These phases will include
- Authorizing or refusing a transaction;
- Safeguarding consumers and traders from fraud;
- Ensuring that there is a seamless cash flow to and from the relevant accounts.
Now, let us head right into all that you are required to know about these available credit card processors for gambling and the distinctions between them. We will be doing this by giving you important nuggets you should take note of, as knowledge of these nuggets will bring you to the realization of the necessary knowledge you need to get from here.
- Visa as a credit card processor is not an issuer, as it can’t issue its card but can serve as a processor.
- Visa as a payment option has proven to be a prolific figure in this industry. Since its inception even until now, Visa has accrued a huge amount of global merchants that make use of this credit card processing platform. There are a total of 52.9 million global merchants that have chosen visas as their preferred credit card processing option.
- Note that a large percentage of these global casinos are allowed to offer just 1 dollar deposit at CasinoDeps sites with welcome and free spins bonuses.
- As we mentioned earlier, Visa is a prominent credit card processor, especially for gambling activities. The wide acceptance of this credit card processing platform enjoys in various countries is partly since it can handle payment procedures for gambling purposes.
- Visa as a credit card processor is accepted for use in two hundred (200) different countries.
- Finally, Visa works together with several partners and co-brands to deliver its optimal performance easily. Notable names among these partners and co-brands are US Bank, Wells Fargo, Chase, and Bank of America.
- MasterCard as a credit card processor just like a visa is not an issuer, as it can’t issue its own card but can function efficiently as a processor.
- MasterCard as a credit card processor has proven to be a notable name in the payment industry. Since its creation even until now, MasterCard has amassed a huge following of a total of 52.9 million global merchants that have selected MasterCard as their choice credit card processing tool.
- Take note of the fact that a huge percentage of these global merchants comprise of various casino operators and various gambling sites that allow credit cards as a payment method on their platform.
- MasterCard is a well-known credit card processor, particularly for betting activities. The wide reception of this credit card processing tool enjoys in numerous countries is somewhat due to the reality that it can take care of payment procedures for betting purposes.
- MasterCard as a credit card processor is allowed in two hundred and ten (210) different countries.
- On a final note, MasterCard works alongside various partners and co-brands to provide their amazing performance without glitches. Prominent names among these partners and co-brands are Capital One, SunTrust, Citi, and United.
AMEX or American Express
- American Express as a credit card processor unlike the previous two is an issuer, as it is capable of issuing its own card and can likewise serve efficiently as a processor.
- AMEX has a total of 25.3 million global merchants that have chosen visas as their preferred credit card processing option.
- As a credit card processor, AMEX is authorized for use in one hundred and thirty (130) different countries.
- On a final note, partners and co-brands that work with AMEX include Hilton, Delta, and Marriott.