Patch Management Metrics- The process of measuring the progress of a product or a person is referred to as patch management metrics. You’ll need to track your progress if you’re doing it yourself, but if you’re using a patching solution, you’ll need to make sure it’s working and how well it’s working.
We can assist you with patch management measurements at ITarian because our system can:
- Let you know which patches are required.
- Make sure your systems are up to date.
- Publish reports
Our reports can be applied in a variety of ways. You can check which patches are still required, as well as which systems have been updated. Our reports will also tell you which fixes are the most important, allowing you to make an informed patching decision.
You must be aware of the performance indicators in order to ensure that the product you choose is genuinely beneficial. These can include the following:
The amount of systems that the patching operation can cover is referred to as coverage. We can assist with third-party fixes as well as operating system patching. Our coverage is good, so you can be assured that your systems are safe.
Patch management metrics should also take into account the amount of effort you put in and the speed with which you patch things. Once everything is set up, our product requires very little effort on your behalf. Because practically everything is computerised, one person can usually handle the entire operation. While you should still inspect for quality, we handle everything and complete it as promptly as feasible.
The effect refers to how much downtime our product causes in the organisation. There should be no downtime because it patches the system. To learn more about our services, please contact us immediately.
Use various patch management metrics to make smart patching decisions
You’re familiar with the formula. “You can’t manage it if you can’t measure it.” Patch management metrics are used to track the progress of the patching process and gain a better understanding of how to improve your company’s security. Knowing how well your patch methods and deployment procedures are working might help you select which fixes to drop and which to keep.
Patch Manager Plus can help you locate any missing patches and vulnerable systems on your network and provide the information you need to make your patch management programme successful with continuous patching metrics and network monitoring. Patch Manager Plus displays patch management metrics in real time, such as:
- Patch status dashboards
- Patch compliance audits
- Patch management reports
Patch status dashboards
Network managers can get all the information they need to examine the corporate environment for missing patches and updates with glance-and-know dashboards. You can better control the patching process if you can visualise it.
- Patch status dashboards in an enterprise network display how many systems are missing patches by patch count and severity.
- By monitoring your system health graph, you can easily keep track of vulnerabilities.
- Keep track of patch deployments and reboots on all network computers to see if your business is installing patches effectively.
- These patch summary dashboards are browser-based, interactive, and accessible from any location, at any time.
Patch compliance audits
With the amount of vulnerabilities on the rise, companies’ primary goal is to conduct audits and follow a set of regulatory criteria to verify that all controlled endpoints are patch compliant. Patch Manager Plus assists with compliance with standards like as SOX, HIPAA, PCI, and others, as well as providing a set of relevant reports for patch compliance audits.
- A System Health Policy is a set of measurable settings that can be developed to identify systems that aren’t following your company’s policies. Patch severity and the number of missing patches are used to determine the overall health of all endpoints. This policy presents up-to-date information on all managed systems’ patch health.
- All systems are compliant with the latest version of installed, licenced software thanks to automated vulnerability assessments and patch deployments.
- With automated email notifications for new updates, missing patches, and failed deployments, patch compliance reports assist monitor and report the vulnerability and patch status of each managed endpoint.
Patch management reports
Reporting is the final stage in any successful patch approach. Patch Manager Plus’s out-of-the-box patch management reports assist in getting the relevant information about vulnerabilities to the right individuals.
- Predefined patch reports provide administrators with various patch details to aid in the identification of missing patches, vulnerable patches, and supported patches in their networks.
- System reports contain specific information about vulnerable systems in the network, as well as details on how to remedy the flaw.
- Reports can be configured to monitor network vulnerability in a way that meets the patch management needs of an organisation.
- Possibility of scheduling reports to be emailed to internal auditors on a regular basis.
- These patch management reports are also useful for patch management audits that focus on network and information security.