Instagram Highlights are a fantastic way to show off your life to everybody who visits your profile. Learn how to make the most of your opportunities!
Maybe you’ve seen Instagram stories displayed in nice little circles on people’s profiles and wondered how they accomplished it. Perhaps you’ve overheard your friends discussing their Instagram Highlights and wondered what they meant. In any case, there’s no need to ponder any longer.
This article explains what Instagram Highlights are, how to utilize them, and what benefits they have for your profile.
What Are Instagram Highlights, and How Do You Use Them?
Instagram Highlights are Instagram stories that you choose to keep on your profile indefinitely. When you save a storey to a Highlight, it will remain accessible for up to 24 hours, making it a wonderful way to keep your most popular tales alive.
When you open a Highlight, you can watch and explore it just like any other storey, with the exception that you won’t see a list of viewers. The list of readers is gone once the storey you saved has ran for 24 hours, and all you see is the views count.
One Instagram Highlight can contain up to 100 photographs or videos, but you can create as many as you like. When there are too many to fit on a screen, you can scroll left and right to browse among them.
How to Use Highlights on Instagram Stories?
Instagram Highlights is a basic feature at its foundation, yet it can be difficult to use. You might, for example, have problems understanding out how to add custom covers or erase Highlights that you no longer desire. But don’t panic; this post will lead you through the entire process of making and deleting Instagram Highlights.
How to Make an Instagram Highlight?
If you don’t have any Instagram Highlights yet, you can make one from either your current or previous stories. Of course, this necessitates the use of the archiving feature. It’s generally turned on by default, but here’s how to double-check and enable the Stories Archive if necessary:
- Tap the Menu symbol in the top right-hand corner of your profile.
- Select Settings > Privacy > Story from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle on Save Story to Archive at the bottom of the page.
After you’ve enabled archiving, you can make your first Highlight. By adding your current storey to it, you may make your first Instagram Highlight:
- Take a look at your Instagram storey.
- At the bottom, tap the Highlight symbol.
- Tap New in the Add to Highlights pop-up.
- Give the highlight a name and, if desired, make changes to the cover.
- Finally, tap Done, then Add.
You can also make an Instagram Highlight out of a storey you shared a while ago. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap New from your profile.
- Tap Next after selecting all of the stories you wish to include in this new Highlight.
- Give your Highlight a name and change the cover.
- Finally, tap Done and Add.
That concludes our discussion. On your profile, your first Instagram Highlight is now visible.
How to Update a Highlights List with New Stories
Assume you have an Instagram Highlight that is focused on a specific topic rather than a specific location and time. This may be a collection of hilarious images of your pet or a collection of your favorite street art from around the world.
In these situations, you’ll want to keep adding fresh stories to an existing Highlight. This is how you do it:
- Activate the Highlight feature.
- In the lower right-hand corner, tap More.
- From the menu, choose Edit Highlight.
a few stories
- Mark the stories you want to include in this Highlight with a checkbox.
- Tap Done when you’re finished.
- Voilà! The new storey is now available.
Instagram Highlights: How to Add a Custom Cover
You may have noticed that when you create an Instagram Highlight, the app chooses the cover image from the stories you’re saving automatically. You may have also observed that major Instagram accounts frequently use unique Highlight covers, such as ones with their logos and corporate colors. How did they manage it?
The small button that lets you create a unique Instagram Highlight cover has been there all along, but it’s easy to miss.
Here’s how to make a custom cover for an existing Instagram Highlight:
- In the lower left-hand corner of the Highlight, press the More button.
- Edit the highlight, then the cover.
- You’ll see your current cover-up up close, as well as a selection of cover options beneath it. Toggle to the far left and select the Image icon.
- Choose a custom cover from your photo library and make any necessary changes.
- Tap Done when you’re finished.
- That’s really the only thing I have to say about it. Of course, this assumes you’ve already created a Highlight cover and saved it to your phone’s picture library.
To create a new Highlight with a custom cover, first create the Highlight as usual, but then press Edit Cover and then the Image icon next to it to open your photo library.
What Is the Best Way to Delete an Instagram Highlight?
Perhaps you’ve changed your mind about including some images on your profile, or perhaps you simply want to tidy up your Highlights because you have too many. You may easily delete an Instagram Highlight for whatever reason:
- Remove the highlight by tapping and holding it.
- From the menu, choose Delete Highlight.
That is all there is to it. Rather than deleting your Instagram Highlight entirely, you can delete specific stories from it:
- To delete a storey, open the Highlight and go to the storey you wish to delete.
- More can be found in the bottom right corner.
- From the menu, choose Remove from Highlight.
- To confirm, tap Remove.
What Can Instagram Highlights Be Used For?
Instagram Highlights liven up your profile by allowing your followers to watch all of your handpicked tales. They are absolutely necessary if you have an Instagram account for your blog or online store.
Here are some examples of what you can do with Instagram Highlights:
- Featuring various forms of material you create, such as @passionpassport.
- Showcase the product categories you sell, such as @beardbrand.
- Maintaining an aesthetically consistent Instagram feed, as @anamarques210376 does.
- Providing users with rapid access to information, such as @flavnt streetwear.
The list continues on and on, and maybe these examples have inspired you to come up with some of your own.
How to Improve Your Instagram Account in a Simple Way?
Instagram is expanding in terms of both its user base and its capabilities. Instagram Highlights is one of those new things that you may have ignored when it first launched. Instagram is known for stealing the best concept ideas from other apps, and highlights are a prime example.
There are a plethora of ways to spice up your profile. Check out these Instagram Stories tips you didn’t know about if you’re still having fun with your Instagram profile.