It was an important part of our life to watch movies, play games, etc. on a big screen. Without a large screen, it is impossible to fully enjoy some form of leisure activity. This is why major companies such as Apple launched AirPlay, which allows you to view all the content of your iPhone, iPad, MacOS, etc. on Apple TV. Essentially, AirPlay is software specially developed for Apple’s customers so that they can attach their small screen devices to Apple TV with a large screen. For your convenience, the 4 AirPlay methods to displaying iPhone / iPad on TV without an Apple TV are provided.
Use Lightning Digital AV Adapter to Mirror iPhone to Smart TV
This first approach is very simple for every user to understand and enforce. You just need a wireless AV adapter and HDMI cable here. Once these two things have been packed, just follow the steps and instructions that we will provide below:
- First of all, insert one end of the HDMI cable on your iPhone’s lightning port.
- Place the other end inside the AV adapter after that.
- Now the other component of the AV adapter can be inserted into the HDMI port at the back of the TV.
- Power your TV and look for your device on the HDMI channel.
- You can play videos, audios, games and much more on a bigger screen after the app is installed successfully.
In addition, during your study, you can also charge your iPhone. There is a port that is exclusively designed for loading on the AV adapter. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t have an AV adapter, because some other hand-picked options are available to you in this list. Join me and continue reading, please.
Use AirBeam TV to Mirror iPhone to Smart TV without Apple TV
As to the first form, the wired link will ruin your entertainment experience because the wire constrains you. This makes it possible to use a software called AirBeam TV to connect your iPhone to the TV without using wire or anything else. This approach is, however, restricted to the TV produced on the market by some prominent companies such as Samsung, LG, Philips, Sony and Panasonic. Navigate to the more info without spending time:
- This app can be downloaded from here for Phillips users.
- This app can be downloaded from here for Samsung users.
- This app can be downloaded from here for LG users.
- You can download this app from here for Sony users.
- You can download this app from here for Panasonic users.
Once you download the right software from your TV company, simply follow the process listed below:
- Firstly, power your TV and link your TV to the same Wi-Fi network with your iPhone.
- Go to the option Menu and look for the app.
- Just connect it after your device appears in that list.
- You’re all done now, and you can see your iDevice on this Screen.
Use AirServer for AirPlay Mirroring without Apple TV
This is another very simple and efficient way to mirror iPhone or other iDevices to a Mac or Windows PC without Apple TV. You need AirServer softws to be mounted in your Mac or Windows PC. As with the last way, the software is free of wires and probably the best thing any user wishes. You can however only mirror your iDevices on a Phillips TV if you want to use the device on the TV. Next, we will show mainly how you can mirror an iPhone on a TV without Apple TV.
- Download AirServer first of all from the web to your PC.
- Then on your PC install this app. The downloaded file can be accessed from the folder Downloads.
- Keep your iPhone in your hand and open the Menu taskbar from the bottom of the display screen after completing the installation process.
- You can find the AirPlay option there. Allow that option and the AirPlay receiver list will be scanned. Select the iPhone directly and then attach it to your Mac.
Upon linking, you can see that you can now browse all the contents of your iPhone PC.
How to Use Raspberry Pi to Mirror iPhone to Smart TV without Apple TV
This is another excellent option in this list, which is quite complicated to mirror iDevices to a TV. We’ll just give you an idea of this strategy. You only need a Wi-Fi link, mouse and keyboard, TV, HDMI cable, a SD card and a micro USB charger with this system.
You need to download a Raspbian image with this tool. After you have downloaded this file, you must copy it to the SD card and attach it to your device. You need to configure the Pi software afterwards, which will make all these things much easier. Here you must send the commands that are fairly complex to know and are present in the program in the next process. But we can guarantee that this approach will certainly work for you if you give every command as suggested.
We hope that all the above four methods for AirPlay without an Apple TV were understood. There are several other methods available, but they are hand-picked and popular among users. Please share with us the form you most like in the comment section. We would definitely appreciate your support.