New desktop wallpapers do wonders for sprucing up your PC. On Windows 11, here’s how to make one.
One of the most effective methods to customize the desktop in Windows 11 is to change the wallpaper. Changing your desktop wallpaper is similar to redesigning your room, and a visually appealing desktop background will help your Windows 11 PC stand out.
You may change the desktop wallpaper in Windows 11 in a variety of ways. Alternative backdrop selections are available in Windows 11’s Settings, Photos, and File Explorer programs. Third-party applications can also be used to modify the wallpaper. There are various options for changing the desktop wallpaper in Windows 11.
1. Using the Background Options in Settings to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
The majority of Windows 11’s wallpaper personalization choices are found in the Settings app. Single photos, slideshows, and solid colour backgrounds can all be added to the desktop via the Background section of Settings. With the background settings in Settings, you can change the desktop wallpaper.
- Using the Win + I shortcut, go to Settings.
- Select the Personalization option from the drop-down menu.
- To access the options directly below, select Background.
- Select Customize your backdrop from the drop-down option.
- To change the desktop wallpaper, go to the Picture tab and choose a new image.
- Select a wallpaper image to add to the desktop by using the Browse images button.
- Choose the option “Choose a photo.”
- Select the Fit option from the Choose a fit drop-down menu.
Select the Slideshow option from the Personalize your background drop-down menu if you want your desktop to have multiple wallpapers. Then select a folder containing wallpapers for a slideshow by clicking Browse. On the Change picture every drop-down menu, you may choose a slideshow interval.
2. Changing the Desktop Background by Choosing a New Windows Theme
Different wallpapers and color schemes are available for different Windows desktop themes. Changing the wallpaper by changing the desktop theme is another option. In Windows, go to Settings and change the theme as follows:
- The Settings window will appear.
- To access the settings directly below, go to Personalization > Themes.
- To see the default themes included with Windows 11, go to Custom.
- Choose a theme with a background that differs from your present one.
By selecting Browse themes, you can add new theme backgrounds to Windows. Choose a theme from the Microsoft Store. To add the theme, go to the theme’s website and click Get, then Open. The theme can then be selected in Settings. Your desktop’s background will change to the theme’s wallpaper after that.
3. Using File Explorer to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
Set as background is an option in File Explorer that you can use. You can use this option to add a specific image file to the desktop’s backdrop without having to go into Settings. This is how you may change the wallpaper on your desktop in Explorer.
- Press the Win + E hotkey or click the folder taskbar icon to open File Explorer.
- Open a folder with images that you can use to modify the wallpaper.
- On add an image to the desktop, select the file.
- To change the wallpaper, click the Set as background button.
4. Using the Context Menu to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
Set as desktop background is another option in File Explorer’s context menu. You may choose that option by right-clicking a file in a folder. To change the wallpaper, right-click picture files on the desktop and select Set as desktop background from the context menu.
5. Using the Photos App to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
The Photos program is the primary image viewer in Windows 11. There are two options in that program for adding an open image to the desktop or lock screen backdrop.
Here’s how to change your desktop wallpaper with Photos:
- Open the Start menu and select the Photos app, which is pinned there.
- In Photos, scroll through your stored images to pick and select a desktop wallpaper.
- On the Photo’s toolbar, click the See more button.
- Choose the Set as submenu option.
- Then, to change the wallpaper to the selected image, select Set as background.
- Increase the number of interesting wallpapers on Windows 11’s desktop.
Why settle for Windows 11’s default wallpaper when you can spice up your desktop with something far more interesting? There are numerous websites where you can obtain visually beautiful wallpapers. All of the methods mentioned make changing the desktop wallpaper in Windows 11 simple. Change the background of your desktop using any technique you like.