How Can I Remotely Access Another Computer For Free?- There are a plethora of free options for remote computer access. Let’s have a look at a few of them:
What is Remote Access?
The capacity to link a local device to a different computing device is known as remote access. Offsite devices such as PCs, laptops, and cell phones are included in this category. The user does not need to be physically present in front of the device to create a connection between it and the distant computer with this method.
The user can now execute a variety of operations as if he were sitting right in front of the remote device after the connection has been established. He may then resolve technical difficulties, handle upgrades, access files, and even carry out administrative activities from there.
The usage of third-party software is one approach to enable remote access. As the internet’s accessibility has grown over time, an increasing number of enterprises are turning to third-party applications to gain remote access. Users can usually access the screen of the machine they’re trying to remote into with these tools. It’s a safe alternative for securing a network outside of its physical boundaries.
Remote access, from the perspective of a company, allows employees to access files and data from their workplace network and computer even when they are not in the office. It has evolved into a critical instrument for dealing with corporate emergencies, regardless of the situation. Employees can also improve their efficiency and production by using remote access. They can still be productive from anywhere at any time thanks to modern technology.
Remote access is also used by IT workers to give offsite assistance and maintenance to a variety of clients. They may now resolve their clients’ technological concerns without having to leave their desks. This allows them to address their problems more faster because they don’t have to drive for hours simply to get to their client’s location. It also saves them a significant amount of money that would otherwise be spent on travel and food.
How to use the internet to connect to another computer remotely
1. Windows Remote Desktop Connection, also known as RDC, is a Microsoft built-in tool that allows users to gain remote access to another device for free. Windows RDC, on the other hand, is turned off by default. Fortunately, enabling this free remote access a computer feature is a simple process. Follow these instructions to enable Windows RDC.
- The Start Window
- In the Cortana search box, type in and enter remote settings.
- Allow remote PC access to your computer by selecting this option.
- In the System Properties box, select the Remote tab.
- Allow remote desktop connection manager to connect to this computer by clicking Allow remote desktop connection manager to connect to this machine.
- Check the box next to Network Level Authentication if it’s not already ticked. You will enjoy a more secure remote access experience as a result of this.
2. Free Remote Computer Access – You can also get free remote access software online and install it. The good news is that most of these free remote computer access solutions will allow you to connect to another machine on a different network.
In general, Windows RDC can only be used on the same network. If you want to configure it using a different network, you’ll need to do some more steps, including exposing your device to the internet. As a result, RDC is not the safest alternative because it can expose your machine to a variety of internet-based risks.
There is a lot of free remote access software available right now. ITarian Remote Computer Access is one of them.
This free remote access programme allows you to securely and safely access another computer from afar. The following are some of the most notable aspects of ITarian Remote Computer Access:
- Secure Remote Access
- Session Confirmation
- Firewall Free
- Customization tools
- Auto Update