Remote Desktop Connection Manager- Remote Desktop Connection Manager is a programme that allows you to manage several remote desktop connections. This technology allows the host computer to connect to a client’s computer from a remote place.
However, only the Remote Desktop Protocol can be used to connect to an RDCMan (RDP). This application is perfect for administrators that work in Windows-only environments and require a remote desktop management tool that focuses solely on RDP.
RDP, which was created by Microsoft, is a programme that allows users to remotely access a computer. RDP comes with a user interface that is simple, lightweight, and includes input devices such a keyboard and mouse.
How to Use Remote Desktop Connection Manager?
RDCMan is compatible with Microsoft Remote Assistance, pc Anywhere, Microsoft Remote Desktop Manager, Radmin, Team Viewer, and many other applications.
How Remote Desktop Connection Manager ( RDCMan ) can be used:
- Administrators can use Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) to organise connections by groups via top-level hierarchies. Connection options in the two-pane interface include everything an admin can set up in a native RDP session. Admins can only import servers into the system using a text file.
- RDCMan is thought to be useful exclusively for RDP connections. This is due to the fact that it is ideal for administrators in Windows-only installations who want a remote desktop management application that focuses solely on RDP.
- RDCMan is especially beneficial for testers, systems administrators, developers, and lab managers that work with server laboratories, groups of computers, or huge server farms, such as automated check-in systems and data centres, and need regular access to each machine. Multiple RDP connections can be consolidated into a single window, which reduces desktop clutter.
- Only professional users can offer access to their PCs in Windows 10. The following steps must be followed by the users:
- Open File Explorer.
- This PC can be accessed by right-clicking it.
- Select Properties, Remote Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Allow remote connections to this computer is selected.
- Allow only connections from computers that are running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication is turned off.
Remote Desktop Manager Features
Key Features of the Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan)
- RDCMan has a database that allows users to remember their login credentials, allowing for automatic login to sessions, including RDP and Terminal Services.
- It can support Cisco VPN and Microsoft virtual private network (VPN), among other technologies.
- It allows you to connect a virtual computer to a console.
- Client size settings are available via the program configuration file.
- It includes support for credential encryption via certificates, as well as other features.
- Admins can add capabilities like MySQL and Java Web Star tools to their accounts.
Although the RDCMan interface is clear and simple, each connection’s description is placed on the same line as the server name. This makes seeing and managing two panes at the same time more difficult.