It’s a powerful phrase to say, “Show me your friends, and I will tell you who they are.” Privacy is all about keeping certain information to yourself in today’s digital age. This is especially true for social networks, as we share more information than we should.
You can view the friends of someone you add to your Facebook friends list, and they can view yours automatically. For various reasons, it might not be a good idea to share any details about your private life with everyone.
You could have a million reasons to hide your Facebook friends. You may want to keep your personal and professional life separate or just want peace between two friends who hate one another. Here’s how to hide Facebook friends from each other.
Block All Facebook Friends
If you don’t want anyone to see your Facebook friends list, this is the way you can go. Change your privacy settings to make sure you are the only person who sees your friends list. Follow these steps to change your privacy settings.
- Log in to Facebook and click on your name in the top-left corner.
- Click on the Friends tab to access your friend’s list.
- Click on the Friends Page icon in the upper-right corner. Next, go to Edit privacy.
- Click on the Down Arrow icon at the upper-right corner of the pop-up window. You’ll see different options for “Who has access to your friend’s list“. Select Only Me to prevent others from viewing your friend’s list.
- To save changes, click Done.
Remember that you, not your friends, can only control your profile. Even if your friend’s friends list is set to Only Me and yours to Private, they will still see you as a friend on your profile.
Hide one Facebook friend from another
If you don’t like the first option and don’t want your Facebook friends to be hidden from everyone, there is another way.
Facebook currently doesn’t allow two people to see each other, but they can still see all your friends. It is possible to block access to Facebook friends for these two people.
You can hide one of your Facebook friends by doing the following:
- Follow steps 1 through 3 of the process.
- Click the down arrow icon in the Edit privacy window. Select Custom only this time.
- Go to Custom privacy and enter the names of the friends you wish to keep secret. If you only want one person to see your Facebook friends, you can type in one name.
- Click Save.
You can also choose to go a different way.
- Follow steps 1 through 3 as described above.
- In Edit privacy, tap on the Down Arrow and select Friends except…
- Enter the name(s) of friends you wish to block from your Facebook friends. Or choose from the list.
- Click Save.
You will block these people from seeing your friends list in either case. Everyone else, except them, will be able to see your Facebook friends.
Many people have many Facebook friends. It can be challenging to manage all of them. You might not want your friend’s list to be public. You can hide updates from particular Facebook friends by changing privacy settings. You can also block people from viewing your Facebook online status.