Although Spotify was one of the first streaming services to launch, it is no longer the only option for customers. Since its inception in 2015, Apple Music has amassed a sizable user base, and it’s now the streaming service of choice for Apple device users, as well as millions of others.
You probably don’t want to lose your carefully constructed playlists if you’re considering migrating from Spotify to Apple Music. It is possible to convert a Spotify playlist to Apple Music, albeit the process is not simple. On both desktop and mobile devices, here’s how to accomplish it.
Converting a Spotify Playlist to Apple Music on iOS with SongShift
Unfortunately, there isn’t a built-in option to convert a Spotify playlist to Apple Music, but you can do so on iOS with SongShift. For Android users, there are apps like STAMP.
SongShift allows you to shift your music library and playlists between multiple music streaming platforms. It works with Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, and YouTube Music, and allows you to analyse song matches and delete any mismatched tracks throughout the transfer process.
- To get started, go to the App Store and download SongShift, then open it. To initiate the transfer, tap the SongShift symbol at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, select Setup source.
- Select the option to connect more.
- Then press Connect after scrolling through until you find the Spotify option. At this point, check in using your Spotify credentials.
- Rep for Apple Music by finding it and selecting Connect, then signing in with your Apple Music account information.
- Return to the Shift setup screen and press Setup source once more after both services are connected. Tap Playlist after selecting Spotify as your setup source.
- From the Source Playlist screen, choose the playlist or playlists you want to replicate from Spotify to Apple Music. SongShift free users can only transfer one playlist at a time, however premium users can transfer several playlists. Once you’ve finished picking your playlists, press Select.
- To begin moving your playlist to Apple Music, tap Setup destination. Tap New Playlist after selecting Apple Music as the destination.
- Check that all of the selections (including the new playlist name) are right, then press I’m Done to start the transfer.
SongShift converts Spotify playlist matches to Apple Music playlists
The SongShift app and service will begin transferring your Spotify playlists to Apple Music. However, not all songs will transfer—due to licencing restrictions, Spotify and Apple Music don’t always have the same artists and bands available for listening.
- Before allowing SongShift to construct your playlist on Apple Music, you should review it.
- Once the playlist transfer is complete, tap your playlist in the Ready for Review portion of the SongShift screen.
- SongShift will compare the music in your Spotify playlist to the matches SongShift has identified on Apple Music in the Match Review screen. By tapping the edit icon next to an entry, you can make changes to any music matches.
- If any failed matches appear in the Failed Matches section, select Ignore to delete them from your new Apple Music playlist. You can also use Re-Match to manually search for an equivalent song if you have a SongShift Pro paid membership.
- Tap the Confirm Matches button when you’re satisfied with your selections.
- At this moment, SongShift will start copying your new playlist to Apple Music. You’ll be able to listen to your playlist via the Apple Music app on your iOS device and on other devices once the procedure is complete.
Online Conversion of Spotify Playlists to Apple Music
You can use an internet tool like Soundiiz to convert a Spotify playlist to Apple Music on other platforms like Windows or macOS. This is similar to SongShift in that it copies your playlists from one music streaming provider to the next.
- Soundiiz requires a premium subscription to copy playlists from one platform to another; if this is a problem, consider SongShift or STAMP instead.
- Before you can use Soundiiz, you must first create an account. Go to the Soundiiz web app in your browser once you’ve registered and logged in. Press the left-hand Spotify icon, then Connect.
- Log in to your Spotify account with your username and password. Repeat the instructions for Apple Music by hitting the Apple Music icon on the left and choosing Connect once Spotify is linked. At this point, log in with your Apple Music credentials.
- Press the Platform to Platform option on the left-hand menu, under the Tools section, if both Spotify and Apple Music are connected to your Soundiiz account.
- Choose Apple Music as your destination service and Spotify as your source service.
- To migrate your Spotify playlists to Apple Music, check the Playlists checkbox, then click Confirm my selection.
- At the final stage, press the Begin the transfer button to begin the playlist transfer.
At this point, all of your saved Spotify playlists will begin to move to Apple Music. By pressing the My batches tab under the Automation section in the left-hand menu, you can see the progress of this, including any missed matches.
Changing from one streaming service to another
Consumers now have a far wider range of streaming options thanks to sites like Apple Music. Alternative platforms such as YouTube Music should be considered if Apple Music or Spotify aren’t suited for you. Apple consumers, on the other hand, may want to continue with Apple Music.
If you’re new to Apple Music, here are some lesser-known Apple Music hints to help you get the most out of the service. If you have any further suggestions, please leave them in the comments section below.