Facebook Marketplace can be a good location to buy and sell things. What you need know about the platform is as follows.
Thanks to platforms like Craigslist, which allow you to sell your previously treasured products online, selling your old goods has never been easier. The ability to buy and sell items from your Facebook account via Marketplace, on the other hand, adds an extra degree of ease.
Here’s everything you need to know about the platform, including how to utilize it.
What Is Facebook Marketplace and How Does It Work?
Within the Facebook platform, there is a classified ads section called Facebook Marketplace. It was first introduced in 2007 and included categories like job openings, for sale items, and houses for rent or sale. It didn’t catch on at the time, but Facebook rebuilt and relaunched it in October 2016, and it’s been up and running since then.
You may use Craigslist to sell anything from gently used apparel to previously owned books. You can also do a search for products that you want to purchase. The things on Facebook Marketplace are frequently used, but you can occasionally get lucky and find brand new items.
If you’re chatting with a seller or buyer, you’ll get notifications right away. As a result, you can browse social media while selling or buying things.
While websites like Craigslist are other wonderful options for selling your old stuff, Facebook Marketplace is far more convenient because it eliminates the need to create and manage a separate account. Everything you’ll need to get started buying and selling is right here.
What Is Facebook Marketplace and Where Can You Find It?
Both the Facebook browser version and the Facebook app make it simple to access the Facebook Marketplace.
To access Facebook Marketplace on your phone, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- In the bottom-right corner of your screen, select the three horizontal lines.
- Choose the Marketplace option.
- By clicking the magnifying glass in the top-right corner of your screen and entering in the item’s name, you can search for it.
Select the Facebook Marketplace tab on the left sidebar of your Facebook news feed to launch Facebook Marketplace on your computer. Friends, Pages, Groups, and other shortcuts can all be found in this sidebar.
You can buy things or make an ad on Marketplace. This process is made further easier by the fact that you can receive sales notifications on Facebook.
You may even sell or purchase large items like a couch on Facebook Marketplace.
How to Purchase a Product on Facebook Marketplace?
You can buy something on Facebook Marketplace by texting the seller and negotiating a price or accepting the current pricing.
- Marketplace displays search results based on your location. However, if you’re ready to travel to buy products, you can look for items outside of your community.
- You can change the proximity of listings to your current location using the search filters. This allows you to specify how far you’re willing to go for a certain item.
- On your computer, input the name of the item you’re looking for in the search field to find it on Facebook Marketplace.
- You can contact the seller via Messenger on the item’s page. This can be done by selecting Message or the Send button for the default message option.
- Bring the exact quantity of cash and meet in a secure location when you meet with the seller. If you want to learn more about purchasing items over the internet, see our article on how to shop safely and securely online.
How to Make a Facebook Marketplace Advertisement?
You can go on to selling an item now that you know how to open Facebook Marketplace and buy something.
To sell something on Facebook Marketplace, follow these steps:
- On the left sidebar, click the +Sell Something button.
- Choose the type of goods you want to sell (Item, Vehicle, or Home).
- Fill in the blanks with the required information and upload a photo.
- Next should be selected.
- To publish your ad, click Publish.
You’ll be notified if someone sends you a private message expressing interest now that your ad is live. You may receive multiple messages if an item is extremely popular.
On Facebook Marketplace, what can you sell?
Only specific things are allowed to be sold on Facebook Marketplace, namely those that adhere to its Commerce Policy. The commerce policy also keeps an eye on Facebook Groups that buy and sell, as well as commercial and personal Pages’ shops and Instagram Shopping.
You may sell a variety of things on Facebook Marketplace. Clothing, furniture, jewellery, art, handcrafted goods, vehicles, homes or apartments (for rent or purchase), electronics, musical instruments, and antiques are all available to promote.
Facebook will enable you to sell your goods on Marketplace as long as it complies with its standards.
The following items are not available for sale on Facebook Marketplace:
- Hairstyling, massages, and housecleaning are examples of services that cannot be advertised on Facebook Marketplace. You can, however, sell your service on a personal or company Page as long as it complies with Facebook’s Commerce Product Merchant Agreement.
- Non-items: Marketplace does not accept “in search of” or “seeking” posts. For these types of queries, you can use Craigslist or put an update on your personal Facebook profile.
- Animals: You cannot sell animals on Facebook Marketplace.
- Medication and first-aid kits, for example, are not allowed to be sold on Marketplace.
- Drugs, firearms, and other illegal things are prohibited from being sold on Facebook Marketplace.
- Check Facebook’s Commerce Policy if you’re wondering whether or not you can sell something on Marketplace. If you’re still undecided about selling the item, it’s best to avoid posting the ad altogether. If you post something that violates Facebook’s regulations, your
Marketplace account will be suspended
You may sell your products on the internet in a variety of ways. You could always read up on how to construct an online store with Shopify if you’re interested in beginning a business online.
For Everyone, Facebook Marketplace Is Convenient
You may safely buy and sell items on Facebook Marketplace. Being able to surf social media while talking with merchants and customers is extremely useful.
Facebook Marketplace is a wonderful alternative for online classifieds because it allows for a simple and speedy sales exchange for both sides.