How to Remotely Control Your Mac?- The easiest way you can remotely access another Mac is through apple remote desktop tools.
Apple Remote Desktop
If you have many Mac devices that you use at the same time, you should know that accessing them remotely from one another is really simple. Apple Remote Desktop makes it simple to log in and remotely control your Mac from any location, at any time, without having to spend money on pricey third-party software.
However, some of you may still believe that operating your Mac from a distance is a difficult task. That is why we are here to assist you today. We’ll show you some of the simplest ways to remotely access another Mac in this article.
How to Remotely Control Your Mac Using iCloud Drive
Apple remote desktop tools are the simplest way to remotely access another Mac. If you accept to have your files kept in your iCloud drive, this will happen automatically. To get started, follow the steps outlined below (as described by Macworld):
- To access iCloud, go to System Preferences > iCloud.
- Next to iCloud Drive, select Options. A list of everything you can add to your iCloud drive may be seen here.
- Select the Desktop and Documents Folder checkbox.
You’ll be able to access your Desktop and Documents Folder from any Mac or iOS device that you’re currently logged in to after storing them in your iCloud Drive. You may access your iCloud account from any computer, including a Windows machine.
Remote Access your Mac using Screen Sharing
You can also utilise Mac Screen Sharing to gain remote access to another Mac device. You may use this remote desktop mac to manage files and even troubleshoot issues on the Mac device you’re remoting to.
To get started, you’ll need to:
- Launch the Screen Sharing application.
- Simply enter the Apple ID of the person whose device you want to remote to beside Connect To
- And wait for the other user to accept.
- The user you’re remoting to can opt to let you access his or her device’s screen or merely let you watch his or her screen.
How to Remotely Control Your Mac Using Google Chrome Remote Desktop?
To do so, you’ll need a Google account and the Google Chrome web browser.
To do so, you’ll need to do the following:
- Google Chrome is now open.
- Locate Chrome Remote Desktop in the Chrome Webstore.
- Click the Add to Chrome button.
- Select Add App from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Chrome Remote Desktop would want to” popup, select Allow.
- In the “Authorise” window, select proceed.
- Click Begin by going to My Computers.
- Select Enable Remote Connections from the drop-down menu.
- Accept the terms of the agreement and install Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Finally, on your Mac device, open the matching remote app.
How to Remotely Control Your Mac device to another Mac device using Remote Desktop Connection?
You want to establish a Remote Desktop Connection to:
- Select System Preferences from the menu bar (Apple Remote Desktop)
- In the Internet and Wireless group, select Sharing.
- If you want to make any changes, select the lock at the bottom left and enter your password.
- Mark the Screen Sharing box on the left with a checkmark.
- On the right, click the Computer Settings option.
- Select “VNC viewers may control screen with password” from the drop-down menu.
- Set a password for screen sharing after that.
- Select OK.
- Select the plus button at the bottom of the page to make sure it’s set to “Allow access for: Only these users.”
- Click the Select button after selecting your name from the list.
- If you’d like to exchange files as well, tick the box next to File sharing.
Remotely Control Your Mac with Apple Remote Desktop
There are two ways to remotely access a Mac from another computer or allow others to use a remote desktop to access your Mac.
1. Enable remote login to your Mac from another computer – You can accomplish this step by utilising Secure Shell (SSH) on both macOS machines. This step allows you to use Secure File Transfer Protocol to enable Mac remote desktop (SFTP).
- To improve remote login, you must:
- Select System Preferences > Sharing from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Remote Login.
- Choose which person or device will have remote access to your Mac.
2. Enable others to access your device using Apple Remote Desktop
To get started, you’ll need the following items.
- Select System Preferences > Sharing from the menu.
- Select Remote Management as your option.
- Select the user who will have remote desktop access.
There are still a variety of devices that may be used to remotely access another Mac. The methods listed above are only a few of the more practical methods for remote accessing another Mac. You can now have wider connectivity wherever you are now that you know a few strategies for remotely accessing another Mac.